Electric Multiple Unit EP3D
The EMU is designed to be operated on railways with electrified tracks. The main features: 1520 mm gauge, overhead contact line system of nominal voltage of 25 kV, frequency 50 Hz, suburban passenger traffic, low or high platforms.
The EP2D design complies entirely with the Customs Union Technical Regulations On the Railway Rolling Stock Safety TR TS 001/2011.
- Aerodynamic cab of fibreglass: its design (portable ladder, no steps, no handrails) lets prevent an unauthorized travelling on the outside projecting parts of the driving carriages
- Carriage emergency crash system
- Upgraded exterior design (even carriage sidewalls; window rubber seals do not project outwards; no air ducts on the roof)
- Set of power-saving electrical equipment
- Asymmetric pantographs
- Microclimate system with air-conditioning and disinfection
- Hermetically sealed corridor connections between carriages
- Hermetically sealed sliding plug doors with access to either high or low platforms, emergency door opening option either from inside or outside
- Intercarriage backlash-free coupling system that provides a train smooth running and better sound insulation
- CCTV system inside the coaches
- Comfortable seats and new luggage racks design
- Up-to-date two-line displays
- New interior sliding doors design (the doors do not slap, one can easily open them using only one hand)
- Power-saving technologies applied to the lightning system: LED line inside the coaches; LED projector; LED signal and buffer-beam lights; boarding and alighting LED control lights; LED lamps in exit/entrance zones
- Driving carriages are provided with the facilities for passengers with disabilities: boarding/alighting lifting ramp (in case of low platforms), special places for passengers using wheelchairs are equipped with proper safety belts, spacious WCs with special handrails, communication system with the train driver.
|Basic train set, number of carriages||8|
|Optional train set, number of carriages||4,6,9|
|Multiple-unit train control system||Yes|
|Platform type||Low, high|
|Carriage body material||Structural steel|
|Facilities for people with disabilities||Yes ( driving/non-motor carriage)|
|Number of doors per one side of carriage||2|
|EMU total length (basic train set), m||177.93|
|Carriage length (between coupling axes), m||
Driving/motor and driving/non-motor carriage – 22.80
Motor and non-motor carriage – 22.06
|Carriage length (bogie centre distance), m||15|
|Carriage body width (exterior metal plate rolls), m||3.48|
|Design speed, km/h||120|
|Traction engine capacity, kW||880|
|Average acceleration up to 60 km/h, not less than, m/s2||0.7|
Number of seats (total)
Depending on the operation mode, the EMU design considers various interior layouts, six-seat benches or two-and three-seat blocks as 3+2 or 2+2.
On the customer's request, there are other options: passengers counting system, Wi-Fi, handrails, and special bars for bicycle storage, etc.